Welcome to the ASU Chapter of Sigma Xi
What is Sigma Xi?
Sigma Xi was founded in 1886 to honor excellence in scientific investigation and encourage a sense of companionship and cooperation among researchers in all fields of science and engineering.
You'll find that spirit alive in the ASU chapter. Our focus, reflecting the goals of The New American University, is to
- build a transdisciplinary network of researchers on campus,
- improve science education,
- support student research, and
- promote the public's understanding of science for the purpose of improving the human condition.
The ASU chapter has nearly 200 active members. Our members include undergraduate students, graduate students, academic professionals, professors, and professional scientists living in the area. Our primary activities include
- a Fall and Spring luncheon,
- an Annual Banquet to induct new members and present awards,
- and the granting of $400 grant-in-aid awards to undergraduate and graduate students.
We would welcome the addition of other events to give members more opportunities to meet and develop opportunities for collaboration. If you have a suggestion for events, please contact one of the officers.
President: Dr. Karen Sweazea
President Elect: Dr. Jesse Taylor
Treasurer: Dr. Elliott Goldstein